Normal and Puella Magi Form
Left: Her normal form
Right: Her magical girl form
Sayaka Miki (美樹 さやか Miki Sayaka)
SPOILERS below : Contains spoilers for the whole series
"Mami-san, my wish came true. There's no way I would regret this. I'm the happiest I could possibly be right now!"
Sayaka was first introduced as Madoka's classmate and good friend. Energetic and lively, and also straightforward. She became a Puella Magi at episode 4 in order to wish for her childhood friend, Kyousuke Kamijou to have his hand healed. Since then she had been fighting witches as a Puella Magi, but faced many obstacles : First with her encounter with Kyouko Sakura, followed by various incidents which broke Sayaka's spirit as a Puella Magi. In episode 8, Sayaka turns into a witch named Oktavia Von Seckendorff. While she has brought hope to others, the balance between hope and despair is then mitigated by an equal amount of despair appearing in Sayaka's soul. This despair eventually overcomes Sayaka, shatters her Soul Gem, and turns it into a Grief Seed. Madoka and Kyouko attempted to bring Sayaka back to her normal form, but according to Kyuubey that was impossible. Her witch form was killed by Kyouko in Episode 9.
Sayaka remained dead in the new timeline created by Madoka in the final episode, though Madoka grants her final wish to hear Kyousuke play violin. From Mami and Kyouko's perspective, it appears as though she sacrificed herself to destroy a Demon.
- The first character in her last name (美) means "beauty". The last character (樹) means "tree". Her name could also be written 幹 (tree trunk) or 神酒 (sake offered to the gods).
- Saya（莢）means husk in which seed of leguminous plant is wrapped.
- Her last name can also be used as a first name.
- Her first name is written in hiragana, which has no special meaning. However, "sayaka" could also be written 明か (obvious) or 清か (clear).
- She describes herself as having been born "petit bourgeois," which is French for "petty bourgeois." This would mean that her family is at least from the middle class, but is by no means from the upper class (despite the fact that, if Japan has even less living space in the future than it does now, her family's apartment is far larger than a normal middle-class family could afford).
- Although her character design depicts her with a two-edged sword she is seen using a katana with a saber-like guard in the anime. The manga uses the sword from her original design.
- According to recent interview, "Sayaka had her personality based on a 'Gen Urobuchi character'"
- When Sayaka transformed in the train in Episode 8, the fate of the two hosts was open to interpretation in the original scenario by Gen Urobuchi. While Shinbo has recently confirmed that Sayaka did not kill the two men in the anime, they were in fact killed in the manga version.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Supporting Character
Eri Kitamura (喜多村 英梨 Kitamura Eri)
I'm Not In Pain Anymore
I'm Such a Fool
Sayaka-chan Rescue Team
Extremely Sorrow Filled With Love
Song of Sayaka
Desperation Even With Struggling
Sayaka Even With Struggling
「Healing Wish」 Related
For 2 Person
|↓Denotes／Opponent→||Kyouko Sakura||Madoka Kaname||Mami Tomoe||Homura Akemi||Kyousuke Kamijou|